Arguably one of the most competitive categories globally, cosmetics in China is a fierce battle for the globe’s ‘spendiest’ consumers – Chinese female shoppers. To maintain relevance with locals, brands must ensure they are at the ‘top of their digital game’.
In this best practice report, we provide examples of three brands that have used digital to successfully launch new cosmetic products in China. Through three unique approach, each international brand created awareness, built engagement and created a context for consumers to trial/adopt new products.
What you’ll learn:
- How to leverage cultural traditions in a digital context
- How to create a live event on the interactive platform Meipai
- How to design celebrity-based HTML5 platforms
- How to create O2O journey through product collaterals
- How to integrate story telling in the context of digital
- How to leverage trending topics to create product engagement
- How to digitally engage Chinese consumers during events