Ranked as the second-most searched luxury brand by Baidu for 2014, Louis Vuitton has maintained its premier position in the eyes of Chinese consumers since opening its first mainland store in 1992.
But the brand is facing a shifting landscape as logo fatigue has seen Louis Vuitton fall behind Prada in desirability among first-tier luxury consumers while only 12.9% of high-income overseas shoppers purchased LV brand products versus 24.3% in 2014 according to a recent survey.
In contrast to Europe and North America, Louis Vuitton does not offer ecommerce through official brand platforms in China. Online consumer interest is funnelled to retail stores or customer service channels via phone, email, and on-site live chat where consumers can inquire about product availability, ask for fashion advice, or arrange for personalization services. To this degree, the brand’s China platforms serve more for product discovery and brand education while Weibo, Youku, and WeChat support campaign initiatives and seasonal fashion shows with integrated KOL amplification.
What You’ll Learn
The Louis Vuitton Digital Report will give you an inside look at how one of the world’s leading luxury brands has leveraged Weibo, WeChat, and Youku to educate consumers on brand heritage and create buzz for new collections and campaigns.
- Brand Website: You’ll learn how Louis Vuitton has adapted their global brand website for China audiences with an emphasis on product browsing and customer service.
- Brand Mobile App: We’ll explore Louis Vuitton’s unique PASS app and how it integrates with print ads to expand campaign interactions.
- Weibo: We’ll look at the brand’s Weibo account and how a reserved, high-quality content approach has led to high fan engagement.
- WeChat: You’ll see how Louis Vuitton uses WeChat to support new collections and China campaigns while providing a 1-to-1 customer touchpoint.
- Youku: We’ll show you what types of videos the brand posts on their premium Youku channel and how netizens are responding.
- Baidu: You’ll learn how Louis Vuitton has developed their Baidu Brand Zone to capture search interest and how China users are searching for the brand.
- Key Opinion Leaders: You’ll learn how Louis Vuitton works with some of the biggest stars in China to amplify campaign buzz while also collaborating with influencers and fashion media to promote new collections.