H&M’s capsule collection with Alexander Wang was one of the brand’s most anticipated designer collaborations, and created enormous buzz around the world as shoppers lined up for the opportunity to purchase limited-edition pieces.
As a key market for fast fashion, H&M placed increased emphasis on the China launch for the designer’s collection – hosting an extravagant event in Shanghai attended by Alexander Wang and some of China’s biggest celebrities in order to capitalize on collection hype and elevate H&M in the eyes of Chinese consumers.
The capsule collection launch was a runaway success on the mainland because the campaign integrated seamlessly with global campaign initiatives coupled with a significant boost from some of the most popular celebrities on China social media. Consumers felt like key players in the collection launch with release dates synchronised with H&M locations around the world, and capped off with a major Shanghai event attended by Alexander Wang and China’s biggest stars including Fan Bingbing and Li Yuchun.
What You’ll Learn
The H&M x Alexander Wang Social Campaign Report will show you how the brand brought Chinese audiences into a mainstream fashion event by blending global content with celebrity buzz and influential word-of-mouth on Weibo and Wechat.
- Weibo: You’ll learn how H&M used Weibo to tease the collaboration and establish global credibility while driving word of mouth through sharing contests that activated China’s fashion influencers.
- WeChat: We’ll show you how H&M extended the campaign experience to WeChat and created unique campaign minisites to educate fans on elements of the collection.
- Key Opinion Leaders: This report includes a full KOL list as well as a complete breakdown of H&M’s celebrity partners and an analysis of media and fashion amplification.
- O2O: Learn how the brand integrated offline retail in their promotions to drive traffic to flagship stores and promoted organic UGC sharing from shoppers and fans.
- Ecommerce: See how H&M drove traffic to online and mobile commerce platforms for a multi-channel launch.
- Campaign Timeline & Metrics: This report includes a complete campaign timeline covering teaser, launch and sustain phases as well as success metrics.